Sunday, July 24, 2011

Yes, Another One

I have decide to create another blog strictly for workout/fitness related stuff. I may stick with blogspot, I may not. I'm seriously considering leaving bb.com. I'm torn really. I love it there...and I hate it there. I can keep stats, workouts, progress pix anywhere. I don't HAVE to be on that site to do any of that. The support is very nice though and I have made a few friends. I also feel like I should give back what I've gotten. Not that I am some great fountain of knowledge but I can provide a "go get 'em" or a " you rock" type thing every once in a while. I'm just not sure what to do yet. BB.com is a bit of a mind suck and there's a whole lot of people on that site that are there because...well...I don't know why they're there. Their husband doesn't give them enough attention, they were bullied in high school, they're looking for cheap thrills through x-rated private messages? I really don't know. This doesn't just apply to people who don't seem interested in working out but also for those who do work out, for those that really could be a huge inspiration. But instead, they choose to screw around talking about everything and anything and most of the time, I have to wonder if all the shit they talk isn't made up. It is a social site but it supposed to be geared toward bodybuilding, powerlifting, etc. There are now miscellaneous forums where people talk about everything BUT bodybuilding and that's fine too...to an extent.

People get brave behind the keyboard, they become people they wouldn't normally be in real life face to face conversations. They say rude and crude things, they become aggressive and hostile. This goes for both men and women. To me, that's not a good place to be. I wouldn't hang around rude and hostile people that make stories up in real life, so why waste my time with them on the computer?

Lately I have seen people leave and they are good people. Their explanations to me echo what I've said up there, what's been going trough my mind for a long while now.

This is why I'm going rogue. Screw bb.com! Well, not exactly. I'll keep my profile up, I'll check in on the Over35 forums (because I like to see what the old folk are up to ;)  ) but I think I want to distance myself from all things...unreal.

My goals both personal and fitness related are to be happy...but not satisfied. This applies more to the fitness portion of my lifestyle but the concept is virtually the same. I want to set goals, make progress, achieve great things and then set more goals beyond the ones I've already knocked down. Keeping track, whether it be a budget, a journal, a blog or an excel spreadsheet is essential. It doesn't have to happen on a social media site OR if it does, that doesn't mean I have to participate in garbage.

I have a hard time with change. I'll do it, but it always takes me a bit to take that first step. I've been on bb.com for a lot longer than my profile lists. I know the site, I know the people, I'm comfortable there but that's the problem. When you're comfortable you stop moving forward...I'm talking body building right now. It's time to shed the stuff and get down to business on my own. All the atta boys I got were nice but that's not how I lost weight, that's not how I built my muscle, that was all me baby. And I can do this any way I want.
So I'm forgetting the stuff and going to figure out how to push myself to new heights all on my own. I love this stuff, more than a lot of people know, so when a site that's supposed to help my passion grow starts sucking the fun out of it, it's simply time to find something better.

Besides, I get too lovey dovey in my other blog and I post Dave Matthews, and as much as I love Dave, I gotta have a place where I can be bad ass and post some Korn and get myself psyched up. This isn't surprising to me. Two completely different sides of me posting in two different blogs. A little Sybil-esque? Perhaps. I'm just going to embrace who I am and do what I feel works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment