That's right, I feel surprisingly feminine and woman like on back day. I sweat and I grunt and I breathe heavy. I drop the bar on the safeties, I have my versa's on, I have Drowning Pool blaring. All of that and I still feel super sexy on back day. I feel like the most beautiful woman on earth for that short period of time. It's different than leg day, not necessarily better, just different...good :)
I was so hesitant about working anything else on back day. I like giving one major muscle group it's own day. I've never been comfortable or satisfied with a full body workout, so when BSavage suggested this split, I was skeptical that I would a)enjoy it and b)feel like I worked enough. To my surprise I really enjoy this current split and if DOMS are any indication (dudes from the O35 forum can suck it on this point by the way) I am working my muscles just fine.
If I can get only one point across to any women out there that might read this, lifting weights will do more for your self confidence than anything else out there. The amount you lift is relative to you and you only, but if you push yourself, if you honest to God put in the effort, the rewards are amazing. Something I can't even describe. Not just physical either. I feel sexy even though my gut's hanging out during dead lifts! Ok, that was too much, I apologize.
Why yes, I do believe I'm writing this blog while experiencing an endorphin rush...
Diet is so good it's scary. It's been a long time since I've felt this in control and I love it. I missed it. This feeling is what gets me so excited about this lifestyle; knowing I have complete control over how I look. It's all me and what I decide to do with myself. No one can take credit for my accomplishments.
That being said, I've got some serious weight to lose and I'm trying to go about it the right way. High protein because I refuse to lose any more muscle than I have to during this process. My protein still isn't as high as I'd like it to be so I MUST tweak that. I'm not a carb nazi...yet, but I am trying to keep them low. I will lower every few weeks or so depending on where I'm at and how feel energy wise. Do I want to carb cycle? I don't know...that's a lot of damn work. I already plan absolutely everything out, do I really want to throw that in there too? I'm not taking it off the table, but right now I don't see the point. We'll revisit when I have the last 4 pounds to lose or the last few % of body fat.
Here's today's workout if anyone's interested. I WILL deadlift 300# one of these days. Not rack deads, from the floor awesome kick ass deads. Seriously.
1 Barbell Deadlift
#1 185 10
#2 205 6
#3 225 2
#4 275 1 rack
#5 285 2 rack
2 Front Plate Raise
#1 35 10
#2 35 10
#3 45 7
3 Standing Dumbbell Triceps Extension
#1 40 12
#2 45 10
#3 45 9
4 Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown
#1 100 12
#2 110 9
#3 120 6
5 Barbell Rear Delt Row
#1 95 8
#2 95 8
#3 95 8
6 Bench Dips
#1 22
#2 22
#3 22
7 T-Bar Row
#1 100 15
#2 110 12
#3 120 8
8 Bent Over Dumbbell Rear Delt Raise
#1 15 12
#2 20 8
#3 20 8
9 Triceps Pushdown - Rope Attachment
#1 80 12
#2 85 12
#3 90 8
God, I love this song..
I am friggin' LOVIN' that you're lovin' the work you're doing right now! Your comment on how lifting makes you feel is DEAD ON! I just can't seem to get through to the majority of chicks. You know what I hate? I hate it that so many chicks admire my guns, and then turn around and say "I don't want to get muscular"...what the fuck? That makes no sense to me at all. Anywho...feeling sexy on back day? I feel that too. Any day that I lift, and sweat and grunt and feel exhausted from lifting, and feel like I can take on the world...that's a damn sexy feeling! You know what I like? Looking forward to you and I lifting together...I'm gonna need you to get a bit weaker though. heehee
ReplyDelete