Chest and biceps today. Went lower on the weights with the hammer curls and the DB incline flyes because I like the burn in my chest and the pump in my arms :)
Chest is an issue for me and I believe I've discussed this before. I lift alone and it freaks me out. I psych myself out when I get under the bar. I know I can lift heavier but without a spotter, I can't even bring myself to really try. Gotta get me a partner :D
I love and hate pushups. I haven't done them in awhile and I think 35 is decent to start out with. I think I'm going to challenge myself to do 3 sets of 50.
I need to figure out how to attach my spreadsheet to this blog..or decide if I even really want to. It tracks weight, calories, macros, water, measurements...all of it. I'll think it over.
Ran a quick mile before weights and wanted to run one after but I ran out of time. I also saw a girl doing cleans in the weight room.
1) It was great to see a chic in the weight room and
2) Seeing a girl do a compound movement like that got me all jazzed up! I considered adding those but to be honest, if they work the traps at all I don't want to. My traps looked huge today. I'm not sure manly traps are the route I want to go.
Tomorrow is strictly cardio. I'm liking this routine even though it's only been a week. I think it's because I have a goal I'm working towards. Plus, I'm doing something different and that certainly means I will get different results right? Right.
Date: Jul 25, 2011
Name: Chest and bi's
Start Time: 12:00 AM
End Time: 01:00 PM
Duration: 13:00
Location: AWAC
Mood: Energized and Ready!
Notes: Mile run prior to weights
SuperSets
1 Pushups
#1 35
#2 26
#3 24
2 Dumbbell Alternate Bicep Curl
#1 30x10
#2 30x9
#3 30x8
3 Incline Dumbbell Press
#1 80x5
#2 70x10
#3 70x7
4 EZ-Bar Curl (grip is an issue here)
#1 55x4
#2 45x8
#3 45x12
5 Decline Barbell Bench Press
#1 75x10
#2 80x8
#3 80x8
6 Concentration Curls
#1 25x10
#2 25x8
#3 25x8
7 Incline Dumbbell Flyes
#1 20x12
#2 20x12
#3 15x16
8 Hammer Curls
#1 25x7
#2 20x10
#3 15x20
I will read your other blog.
ReplyDeletei totally agree with you on the bb.com thing. i have a few friends I message cause i actually like them and then I stay in the forums, but usually the supplement section because i <3 supps and I rep for a company so i get free ones for doing so.
I will probably continue my forum time but less on the actual bodyspace part of it because people get on my damn nerves
You make me wanna...go do some pushups! You got me beat big time there, woman! Very, very nice~you got that goal, no prob! I hear ya on benching without a spot...it SUX! Nice workout~I'm pleased that you are pleased with this pleasing workout split! P.S. I would love to see a chick doing compound movements too. It would be like the odds of seeing a hummingbird around here...rare, but really, really beautiful!
ReplyDelete