I did low weight, high rep and tried to keep rest periods short today. My legs were like rubber :D
It was a good work out. Those freaking deep squats right out of the gate are fabulous! I get all sweaty and stuff. Couple of new guys in the weight room and they had some pretty decent music going. One Nickelback song though..I nearly threw up from that alone. I can't explain my absolute hatred for that "band" so I won't try. Just know it runs deep.
I have decided that running and I must part ways for a bit. I have lost my love for it for right now. It used to be even if I didn't really feel like it, I would get in the groove pretty quick and have one hell of an endorphin rush after. I can't even get in the groove anymore. It just doesn't feel right. I could blame my shoes, the humidity or any number of things but the fact is, my heart's not in it. Big G thinks I put too much pressure on myself over it; always trying to beat the last time, always trying to best myself. Maybe he's right...he's probably right :)
I will do other things; plyo, kick boxing, hopping, skipping and jumping, but I will not make myself run. I'm going to let things be and when my mind says "Angie, a run sounds like fun" then I'll run. But let's get onto today's smashing fun leg workout!! Here it is. It doesn't look like much in terms of volume but it hurt so I'll take it.
Barbell Lunge
#1 18 100
Walking lunges with padded bar thingy
Barbell Full Squat
#1 95 10
#2 95 10
#3 95 10
#4 95 10
#5 95 10
#6 95 10
#7 95 10
#8 95 10
#9 95 10
#10 95 10
Leg Extensions
#1 50 25
#2 60 25
#3 70 25
#4 80 25
Stiff-Legged Barbell Deadlift - Hamstrings
#1 135 12
#2 135 12
#3 135 10
#4 115 12
#5 115 12
#6 115 12
#7 115 12
#8 115 12
#9 115 8
Lying Machine Squat
#1 160 45
#2 160 57
No comments:
Post a Comment