Today I did P90x shoulders and arms. This is where it all began kind of..
I remember Fat Angie was making some changes, walking, using a few machines..oh how I laugh at myself remembering the abductor and adductor machine. I was making progress and doing it because something had changed in me and I didn't want to be miserable anymore.
I would see the P90x infomercials on tv and sit and watch, over and over again, the same one but I would watch it every single time in it's entirety. I wanted muscle. I knew that already, that's why I was using the machines. I decided to take the plunge and buy it. I do not normally spend money on stuff like that. What if I couldn't do it? What if I just decided to stop? Screw that, I knew I would do it, so I bought it.
I was so excited when the package finally arrived! The new beginning for me was in that box! My auditor (yes Kevin, you're MY auditor) had given me a few of the workouts previously and they were tough but doable. So I break this bad boy open and start checking everything out. I wanted to start right then and there but I had to wait until the next morning. I had a plan, I was going to get up early every morning and do this damn thing for 90 days. And I was going to blow myself away...
I watched the first DVD the night before I actually did it. I wanted to get a feel for it. I was hoping and was fairly certain there were no complicated dance moves that would frustrate and trip me up. No dance moves, just a whole lot of push ups and pull ups. I mean A LOT. It was fabulous!
I did the program, more than once, and I got pretty damn lean. Not a ton of muscle but just enough to trigger that desire for more. P90x took me down the path to free weights, to compound lifts, to a 300# deadlift goal.
Shoulders, biceps and triceps today. Supersets, no rest and it felt amazing. The pump was ridiculous. Then of course I had to follow it up with ab ripperx. Because that's what Tony says to do and well, look at Tony. He knows what to do.
I'm not going to post the numbers because, I don't want to. It takes too much time and I'm not in the mood. More cardio tonight then all cardio tomorrow. Two rounds of it if I can swing it.
Yeah, no music either...Superangimal coming up..I can feel it ;)
I've heard nothing but great things about P90X although I've never actually seen one of the workouts. I can see how it might give you a fever for the muscles and to continue your journey to bigger and better weights.
ReplyDeleteI think you're incredibly strong, driven, smart, positive and just...well, SEXY! You'll always be my SuperAngimal! :D