Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Some days you feel it and some days you don't

Monday's workout...I just had to struggle through it. I felt tired, worn out, weak and my numbers show it.

And deadlifts? Fuggedaboutit. I put in some reps, had considered skipping them altogether and doing some good mornings instead for lower back, but there's just something about doing deads. I would have felt worse had I nixed 'em. I was smart enough to not attempt any rack pulls towards my 300# goal though. I would have been seriously pissed off because there's no way I could have even come close yesterday.

So it is what it is. Some days you just have to do it, put in the time and know that tomorrow will be better. It used to be very difficult for me to have a down day like this in the weight room, and it still is sometimes. God help anyone who's around me after a bad leg day, yikes! I hope I'm getting better about it though. I realize now that a bad day doesn't mean I turn into Fat Angie overnight :)

Speaking of her...the scale still isn't moving much. I'm not letting that get to me because there are subtle changes happening even if that fucking scale doesn't reflect it. My skirt was most definitely looser this morning and come on, what chic doesn't love to experience that? I am tracking diligently so I know I'm doing right, I just have to be patient. Not my strong suit but I'm trying.

Still no progress pictures, it's just not a high priority. I mean it is, they are, I just haven't taken the time to do it. I hate taking pictures of myself...ugh. Measurements, aside from weight, I think I'll do it monthly. That would mean August 18th or so...the day BEFORE my weekend at Bic Mac. Good timing :)

Without further adieu, here is my piss poor workout from yesterday. Running today, and I hope to God I can find my groove because that's been a struggle as of late as well. It has to be the weather...it better be the weather..

1 Barbell Deadlift
#1 165 10
#2 175 9
#3 185 6
2 One-Arm Dumbbell Row
#1 50x15
#2 60x12
#3 70x7
weights and reps are per arm
3 Dumbbell Shoulder Press
#1 80x7
#2 80x3
#3 70x6
#4 70x10
4 Triceps Pushdown - Rope Attachment
#1 80x16
#2 90x12
#3 85x12
5 Front Plate Raise
#1 45x6
#2 35x10
#3 35x10
6 Close-Grip Bench Press
#1 85x8
#2 85x8
#3 85x8
7 V-Bar Pulldown
#1 90x12
#2 95x10
#3 100x 8
8 Shoulder flyes- 15# each arm
#1 15x10
#2 15x10
#3 15x10
9 Standing Dumbbell Triceps Extension
#1 40x7
#2 35x12
#3 35x10

Music, music...what do I do about music today? Ah ha!! This is for Sunshine Savage :)

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I'll play for Sunshine Savage later! You're so good to The Savages!

    As for your workout, your numbers may just reflect that your diet IS on track; so don't get all pissy about it. :) I mean, you numbers to ME are still HUGE...

    It's good that you didn't try for your dead goal. You listened to your head instead of your heart!

    ReplyDelete