I forgot my broccoli this morning. I really enjoy my veggies so this bothers me a bit.
I had to do legs today, it's my last day on campus this week and I can't do legs at home. So, even though I did not feel like it, I broke out the shirt and made it leg day. Here's the thing, I get really frustrated sometimes when I can't do what I want to do, or if I can't do what I have done before. SLDL's, 185# for 10. Piece of cake when I was eating...stuff like cake :) If I eat like a freak I feel strong and my numbers reflect that.
My weight hasn't changed a great deal but when I watched some video of my lifts last night...holy cow! Why didn't someone tell me what I looked like?? I look better now, not great, not perfect, not where I want to be but certainly better. The downside, I could only pull 185# for 6 today. Come on, that's not that bad AND it was my last lift. Had I started heavier I bet I could have pulled a helluva lot more and who knows what my one rep max could have been :D
Like I said, I wasn't feeling it today. I didn't even do deep squats, just regular parallel squats..couldn't muster the stuff needed to go ass to the ground. I do not anticipate DOMS..haven't had them real good in about 3 weeks. Some quad pain but not debilitating pain like I like!
I got rid of some peeps on facebook today. It feels good and bad all at the same time. Things have been weird for me today...no matter. Here's the workout. By the way, diets good calorie wise but I'll be damned if I can get my carbs under control. They're not out of line, I probably average about 35/35/30 per day but I'm shooting for more protein and lower carbs. Eh...it's all about the calories right now and staying consistent. That's why I'm seeing results so I need to relax a bit.
On to the workout:
walking lunges 70x120
squats 115x10, 135x8, 145x6, 145x5
SLDL's 155x10, 165x8, 175x7, 185x6
leg press (does not include sled weight) 220x14, 240x12, 260x10, 280x4
hack squats (heels on 25# rubbers) 115x10, 115x10, 115x8, 115x8
Notes: I felt really weak today, woozy kind of. May be some side effects from the head cold I've got going on. I'm not too terribly happy with my squat numbers but I'll just try again next week :)
I usually use 35# rubbers for my hack but I was getting the worst calf cramps! I tried stretching and everything but it didn't work. Reduced the elevation and there ya go.
"Rubbers"? I'm not familiar! You didn't say you were illin' today. Now, I'm pissed at you. You don't share. You are closed off. Private. Ice in your damn veins. ;) You know I kid. I'm a kidder. We're alike like that. I would think with those walking lunches...I mean LUNGES, you should have some kickass DOMS? Much respect on your 120...I like the volume. I was disappointed with my Frank's Hot Sauce marinated chicken breast tenderloins the day after I grilled 'em. The heat was gone. Poof. Disappeared. No heat. This bothers me a lot. Feel better...good thing it's THIS weekend and not NEXT!
ReplyDeleteThe rubber type plates you know. The kind the guys like to put on when they feel the need to drop the bar and it bounces all over? You dig?
ReplyDeleteI am ice cold, it's just wrong. I beat my children too.
I think I need to either take a break, a long break, from legs or really change things up. Either exercises, order, weights, reps or a combination of all of the above. I need the DOMS!
NOT cool about the lack of heat with the Franks. I love hot chicken, love it!
I will be fine as can be come next wednesday...driving west! Yay! But for now, the Subster and I will snuggle and snot on each other. He's feeling icky himself.